Jim Creston Poems
- This Week's Spread With a salary of $14 million I would not...
- Apple Dew Apple Dew We rested the Sunday picnic ...
- Two Poems Accepted By The Inte...
- Forgiving Vick? Can we forgive Vick and move on? I pose this ...
- Keeper Since winter will not go away in ...
- American Spy A long long time ago I can still remember ...
- Transit Transit Sitting outside this coffee shop while ...
Jim Creston is a contemporary poet residing in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Some of his recent works have been published in the online magazines CUIB-NEST-NIDO; In Your Face Radio and The Commonline Journal. Jim has released his first book of collected poems titled Don't Swallow The Toothpaste. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jim Creston
Sitting outside this coffee shop
while reading a short novel
the roaring river of traffic
making loud claps from tires smacking the concrete seams
on the book's pages to cover their ears
Then it stopped
and what followed
was almost a curse of ambient sounds
The little sparrow while perched
as its tiny claws scratched the iron gate
Behind me an intense conversation
from 2 men
donning a beret
discussing business plans
I eagerly wait for the vehicles to begin ...