Martha Willis Poems
- Is It Too Late The noise of gunfire has long been ...
- Hold Me Hold me that I may know the security of arms that ...
- What Might Have Been Yesterday will never pass this way ...
- The Tree The lightning danced across the sky. The thunder ...
- The Rose There on a bush all tattered and torn. Petals ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Martha Willis
The lightning danced across the sky.
The thunder rumbled and rolled.
I heard 'The Tree' let out a sigh
as the wind caused it to fold.
I sensed the pain that tree must know
as it straightened to stand again.
Pain it somehow couldn't let show
as it continued to twist and bend.
Then, the storm began to cease.
Quiet was heard beyond the wall.
Daybreak brought the sunshine.
for 'The Tree' stood proud and tall.
Not a branch was broken.
Majestic was its form.
The Father in all His mercy
had secured it through the storm! ...