Mary Angela Douglas
Mary Angela Douglas Poems
- Backstory Breakfast For 'The E...
- In The Shoemaker's Shop [once more, to The Brothers ...
- That Is The Script They Hand Y... that is the script they hand...
- Azul to Juan Ramon Jimenez (1881-1958) Juan Ramon ...
- True Reading Is First Reading true reading is first reading; ...
- Nightingale Nightingale Nighti... to the forgotten, or the ...
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964 last minute drugstore gifts ...
[PLEASE NOTE: All my poems are U.S. Copyrighted by date indicated at the bottom of the poem and all world-wide rights are reserved, including the right of translation into any language specifically to each and every poem and only to and for Mary Angela Douglas.]
I love poetry past, present, and future.
I especially love this website becomes it deeply welcomes all poets and I am very happy to be welcomed here.
I have deep respect for everyone writing here. May you never stop writing poetry. It is one of the finest things that can be done in life, but then, you alredy know that, don't you?
May your joy in poetry and your poems, every blessed... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Backstory Breakfast For 'The Emperor's New Clothes'
to my Grandmother
the peacock visions preen: sheer emerald,
turquise, gold paint dribbled dream
down the chins of the boo-less
(don't eat so slow, dear)
with a thousand eyes blinking
losing the contest
if you'll stare hard enough, long enough
piercing through the sheen.
so the child at her oatmeal heard
her Grandmother; pouring the cream
like a lake into the bowl lit with
islands of pure marigold butter.
-study hard to know the angel music
beginning with the first measure
she twirled the piano stool that afternoon