Mary Angela Douglas
Mary Angela Douglas Poems
- The Names Of Things to Ray Bradbury, looking back, or ...
- Alive we make useful things: things that won't shatter. we ...
- A Visitation song itself came to the back stairs of the ...
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964 last minute drugstore gifts ...
- I Wrote On A Page Of Light I wrote on a page of light; it ...
- And This Is Music [to God our Father] this is to the One ...
- In The Shoemaker's Shop [once more, to The Brothers ...
[PLEASE NOTE: All my poems are U.S. Copyrighted by date indicated at the bottom of the poem and all world-wide rights are reserved, including the right of translation into any language specifically to each and every poem and only to and for Mary Angela Douglas.]
I love poetry past, present, and future.
I especially love this website becomes it deeply welcomes all poets and I am very happy to be welcomed here.
I have deep respect for everyone writing here. May you never stop writing poetry. It is one of the finest things that can be done in life, but then, you alredy know that, don't you?
May your joy in poetry and your poems, every blessed... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Names Of Things
to Ray Bradbury, looking back, or forward
the names of things we held in our heart
when alphabets foundered and worlds came apart
and the clouds drifted over mindless borders
and were crucified.
the names of things, the orange and the lemon
the midnight zither and the bluebird plans
the tissue paper birthdays at a secret command
all disappeared, their ribbons curling.
all but the names we taught our children to revere and
year past year,
never to split the silver from the rains,
to refrain from negating the Soul.
and ever to stow the...