Melissa L Tamayo
Melissa L Tamayo Poems
- Am I The Only One? As I look in the mirror That sad glare in...
- Natural Beauty Beauty is not the makeup you wear Or the ...
- Time, Reality And Consciousnes... What is time? It is not ...
- Acceptance Although she smiles without a care in the ...
- Sorrow Sorrow; Love lost with sadden words Lost hope with ...
- New Years Pledge The shining beam of sunlight pierces my ...
- When Will It End? I notice the storm heading our way The ...
This fast paced life we live just keeps the human mind clouded. It’s as if we are lost souls searching for our purpose in life. Searching for reasons as to why, where, how and when? I’ve come to the conclusion, only way to find myself, is to lose myself. A little metaphor I came up with. Meaning; sometimes what makes us strong, are the hurdles and obstacles we overcome throughout our lives. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''We've all had that moment in life, where we just felt as if our rib cages were broken and used to build that barrier wall; surrounding our hearts and blocking the doors to our souls''Heartbreak
''To find yourself, you must first lose yourself.''Words Of Sorrow
''Every tune of knowledge and every beat of wisdom, shall engrave a melody filled with mystical rhythms.''A Pledge To Myself 2016
Am I The Only One?
As I look in the mirror
That sad glare in my eyes
The loneliness I try to hide
It couldn’t be any clearer
The things I feel inside
Holding in the pain
Feeling like glass
Cutting through my veins
The reflection of my tears
As crystal spears
The shadow of my eye lids
Overpowers every bit of my face
I’ve held this pain
Inside for long
It no longer feels wrong
Sad by the outcome
This dark cloud
Keeps my mind running wild
When will this
Look be gone?
Slowly filled with anger
Becoming my own
Am I the only...