(11) Kissing My Tears Away - Poem by Amanda Lukas
He holds me while I cry
and flashes gentle loving glances
as he looks into teary brown eyes.
He explains them as 'beautiful'
as I try to hide my face
which is now salty and moist
from the droplets trinkling down
my cheeks like rain on a window.
He brings two soft lips to my lashes
to kiss away my tears
and I simply can't help but feel guilty
for being in such a state
that he must kiss a tear away.
Still, he is patient and concerned.
It's almost as if he was placed here
for that very reason.
To be my angel, my love, my friend.
And I am his little lost puppy;
knowing next to nothing
and loving to be loved.
Comments about (11) Kissing My Tears Away by Amanda Lukas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda