(.6) Mending A Broken Heart - Poem by Amanda Lukas
I sometimes wish we'd never met
and life was whole without you,
but then I catch myself
thinking of those succulent kisses
and I dare not have regret.
My life is better
because you have helped me to mold
myself into myself.
Please let my heart remember
only those pleasurable moments.
No broken hearts or regrets.
Simply a calm after the storm.
For Jessica Mason, who asked me to write about broken hearts.
Comments about (.6) Mending A Broken Heart by Amanda Lukas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl