(14) Writing My Messages In The Sand - Poem by Amanda Lukas
I used to write you messages in the sand, Mother.
I knew they'd be erased
with the night's rising waters,
but I always took comfort
in knowing that you could see them
from up in Heaven.
I'd spent many evenings
on that sandy beach
writing 'I love you's'
and watching the tide rise
only to wash them away.
And I'd wish for a twinkling star
or jumping dolphin to show me
that you truly did receive my mail.
As days pass by
and my feet no longer feel sand,
I only wish to be in Heaven with you, Mother.
We can write our messages in the stars.
Comments about (14) Writing My Messages In The Sand by Amanda Lukas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl