A Real Friend - Poem by Asami Kiyoko
A promise never to leave that took her breath away.
His gentle, caring words that brought her sweet dismay.
The way he tried to gain her trust and made her feel defenseless.
He was the one she'd been waiting for though, to this, he was still clueless.
The way he broke down past her wall and caressed her broken heart.
In her life, he definitely is the most important part.
The genuine worry, the honest concern, and the need to protect.
She trusted him soon, opened up, and felt pieces of her heart connect.
Finally, finally, after stumbling through life.
After all the pain and all the strife.
She had finally found a true, real friend.
Who would stick with her until the end.
Comments about A Real Friend by Asami Kiyoko
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Asami Kiyoko's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda