Akhtar Jawad Poems
- I Am In Love I am often so attracted, Mesmerized and ...
- A Teen Aged Widow When the morning star, Sees first sun ...
- The Candle Burning and melting, Lightning but no thunder, ...
- A Broken Doll When someone broke my heart, One never knew ...
- A Great Poetess Admired and enjoyed, As a guide I deployed,...
- A Friend Friendship is an amazing relationship, I don't ...
- Compromises A word widely misspelled, Dictionary adds and ...
My grandfather at Jamia Nizamia, Delhi
when found himself a failure,
he migrated to Medina whereat,
he obtained his dream's lovely allure,
the degree of Shaikh-ul-Hadith there
(the final degree of a Muslim Schollar) .
A pretty rose after a long endure.
My father, a Moulvi Alim from Nizamiah, Delhi
and Moulvi Fazil from Nadvat-ul-Ulema Lucknow,... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Am In Love
I am often so attracted,
Mesmerized and enchanted,
Having watched pretty things,
With magic in their wings,
Flying at human height,
Touching eyes like a light,
Getting inside very deep,
With a pleasant soul peep,
Then my eyes smile,
Making heart juvenile,
And I say to myself,
Put book in the shelf,
Watch beauty an' sacrifice,
Your self, may be nice,
I then sing like a dove,
I am now in love.