Akhtar Jawad Poems
- Two Flowers And The Bird Alas! it's me who fell down in love!...
- To A Muslim Assalam To A Hindu... I want to die at the ...
- The Candle Burning and melting, Lightning but no thunder, ...
- Chasing A Rainbow On a cloudy rainy day, In a maroon ...
- Breaths I don’t know it’s love or something else, But when ...
- I Am In Love I am often so attracted, Mesmerized and ...
- Leave It Any Way “I know the art, how to win a heart, Off ...
My grandfather at Jamia Nizamia, Delhi
when found himself a failure,
he migrated to Medina whereat,
he obtained his dream's lovely allure,
the degree of Shaikh-ul-Hadith there
(the final degree of a Muslim Schollar) .
A pretty rose after a long endure.
My father, a Moulvi Alim from Nizamiah, Delhi
and Moulvi Fazil from Nadvat-ul-Ulema Lucknow,... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Two Flowers And The Bird
Alas! it's me who fell down in love!
But one who got a crown in love,
Almost alike both are pretty flowers,
Smiled, Oh Bird! In your handsome bowers,
I was shy I could not sing in love,
And you wanted a sting in love!
Pleasure of stings that doesn't sustain,
When stings are over it turns in pain,
How could I give a sting to you!
I could only give a spring to you,
She in the bouquet and I am down,
Could you see me in a jet white gown!
Lying on the bed and before I depart,
Take back the spring of my broken heart!