*emotional Girl - Poem by Sarah Sisson
I am an emotion.
I surface each night
and feel the pain of yesterday.
I writhe. It is a power that
I give life. It does not soothe
me. Cast an iron shelf on
my shoulder to carry dirt,
soot from a day of anguish
that I wish to combine
with self disgust. I am
proud of my pain. I wear it
like a badge that is forged
from spilled blood. Broken
bones and scars.
Copyright 01-03-2009 ©® Sarah Sisson
Comments about *emotional Girl by Sarah Sisson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl