Growing Old Together - Poem by louis rams
They had grown old together -always in search
Of something better.
But little did they know they had it together from the get go.
They found compassion, they found love given to them from above.
They found joy, happiness and laughter too in all the things
That they found to do.
The better life that they searched for was already at their door.
They became parents, grandparents too- and step by step
That followed through.
Most people go thru this when they start to age
It's just another of life s phase'
All of this I see in their eyes and I feel satisfied
And I pray all this that I see is the way that I will be.
© L. RAMS 082519
Comments about Growing Old Together by louis rams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl