Love Nest - Poem by Jim Yerman
I recently ran across a list Deborah and I created long ago
It contained the dreams for our perfect house...our ideal bungalow.
We called it our North Carolina Love Nest and it was to be our creed
For we thought, on this paper, we listed everything we'd need.
Everything to keep us contented, our personal honeycomb
Everything our minds could think of...to make a happy home.
We were young and innocent back then...and our dreams...unlimited and grand
But despite our best intentions...life didn't go the way we planned.
You see we never built our dream house...but I still consider myself blessed
Because we realized...if we have love...it doesn't matter where we nest.
Comments about Love Nest by Jim Yerman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl