Kim Barney Poems
- Poetry Heaven Last night I went to bed at eleven And dreamed...
- Magic Mirror? If I look in the mirror And myself I do not ...
- Butterfly Of Death I was sitting in my garden Just relaxing ...
- Shall I Compare Thee To A Bale... Shall I compare thee ...
- I Don't Care My head is bald, but I don't care. I'm not so...
- River Ran Red The Union troops were on the left, the Rebels...
- Angry Storm The storm is an angry lion; With one hoarse, ...
I detest the computer-voice soundtrack that Poem Hunter adds to poems, but it's useless for me to continue my current practice of putting gibberish in the poem area if they are going to add soundtracks anyway.
Poem Hunter, you win. I have figured out why you do it. It's for money. By putting the soundtrack there, then you can superimpose a commercial over it. Shame on you for doing ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''I wouldn't trade that experience for anything in the world, but I wouldn't give ten cents to do it again.''Said by my wife's 80+ year old grandfather after rafting down the Green River below Flaming Gorge Dam.
''If you find me asleep, leave me alone; dead, wake me up.''Antonio Maria, Brazilian poet (1921-1964)
''Ambulância! Salva um e mata dez!Genady Pawlenko, a Brazilian friend of mine of Russian descent [said after seeing an ambulance tear down the street at a reckless speed]
(Ambulance! It saves one and kills ten!)''
''After all is said and done,Don't remember where I first heard this, but I've said it many times since!
there's been more said than done.''
Last night I went to bed at eleven
And dreamed I went to Poetry Heaven.
Keeper of the Gate was not Saint Peter
But Robert Frost - - hey, what could be sweeter?
The first person I saw up there
was sitting in a golden chair.
It was my good friend, Hank Beuning,
And a golden guitar he was tuning.
Hank, I said, I've known you for years.
We've had some laughs, we've had some tears,
And I never knew you played the guitar!
He said, well, I don't, at least not so far,
But I've got lots of time with little to do
So I thought I might try to learn ...