Our Hearts Remember - Poem by Ashley Ormon
We cannot forget the loving time,
The special ones that pass,
Our hearts remember, sometimes learn,
The pain that seems to last.
To rise up strong,
To re-love again,
Who can hold a virtue such as this?
Who shall give their heart away,
Who dare to take the risk?
Our minds recall,
Our souls perceives,
Yet the heart learns to carry on-
Maybe it isn’t the mind or soul,
But the heart that sings the song-
Of love, of hurt,
Of pain and joy,
The dashing looks,
Of a girl or boy.
The times we lead,
The days we’ve wed,
And despite all hurt, to love instead.
Comments about Our Hearts Remember by Ashley Ormon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda