John Knight Poems
- 1118 Spanish Haikus Spanish is very similar to Latin (from ...
- In The Silence Of The Night In the silence of the night I ...
- Seven Ages Of Woman With Apologies to William ...
- Sense Of Spring Spring is the loveliest season of them all, ...
- 1119 German Haiku German is an amazing language - because it...
- A Special Kind Of Lady How much do i appreciate you - My ...
- *701 Inequality Of Life This poem is written in a classical ...
My name is John Knight I was born in Liverpool - The City of Culture in 1933. We have many fine Poets like Roger McGough and Mucisians like the Beatles and the Liverpool Philharmonic. It was great City to be brought up in. 'Scoucers' are very articulate and we have produced the best comedian in the World - Ken Dodd still going strong at 80! I am a Research Scientist - Biochemistry and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
1118 Spanish Haikus
Spanish is very similar to Latin (from which it is derived) and Italian consequently Spanish Haikus also have an excellent 'voice' due to the vowel endings. Again I included some literal translations into English.
SOLO Y CANSADO
PERO TRAS LA VENTANA
BRILLA LA NIEVE
Alone and tired
But behind the window
The snow sparkles
DOCENAS DE PALOMAS
ALDREDOR DE UN MENDIGO
Y UN TROZO DE PAN
Dozens of pigeons
Around a beggar
An a piece of bread
POSADAS EN LA ALFEIZAR
MIRAN LA BAILARINA
Little birds perched
On the ...