Kim McInnis Poems
- I Want to be the face you wake up to - to stay up late ...
- Tears I'm sorry that I'm not strong enough to hide my ...
- Silence Silence Peaceful, Tranquil Sleeping, Dreaming, ...
- Driving the painfilled notes of my song ring out dripping ...
- From A Pond I’ve been holding your hand for far too long ...
- Wonder what isn't to like about the simple things now? ...
- Insecurity now that the storm is over I can't help but ...
Hi, I'm Kim McInnis. I live in a small, non-eventful town in southern Ontario. I'm petite, dark-haired, half-Korean, and near-sighted, but mostly a dreamer. I might be invisible, but I have a hard time telling.
I write more as a memoir than for art. I keep journals, but something in metaphor and figurative words is a safe haven to me. Behind a mask of pretty letters, I can be as honest as I want, and that's why I write. As a result, a lot of my poems come out as seemingly meaningless nonsense. I'm not much for rhymes, so I write mostly in free-verse.
Aside from writing, I like to sing, play keyboard and guitar, study Aikido, paint and draw, play Dance Dance ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
to be the face you wake up to
- to stay up late waiting for you
to curl up in your arms
- to feel your breath on my cheek
to melt into your smile
- to get lost in your eyes
to haunt your every fantasy
- to unravel your deepest emotions
to case your footprints
- to cry on your shoulder
to drown in your aura
- to quote your every word
to be marked your forever
- to be all you've dreamed of
to confess my darkest secret
- what is Love?