Larry Schreckengost Poems
- My Sister's Watch -new- Leaning against a maple red Breathing ...
- Peeping Frog -new- To write poetry Is to be a peeping frog Where ...
- An Unlikely Pair We had a dachshund who loved digging ...
- A Prayer For Strength I do enjoy being heard Listening to my...
- How To Write Poetry Stanza Two Begin, a melody within Tell ...
- The Forest Vast I walk the forest vast Where sumac blocks my...
- The King At the crest of a steep hollow Is where I met this ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Flower pots line the walkBumble Bee For Tea - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
Begonias giggle when they talk''
''Poetry well appliedHow To Write Poetry Stanza Two - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
Should warm your heart inside''
''In jack-o'-lantern's glowing lightEternity - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
Little children squeal with fright''
''Horses are jumping and pretending they're deerA New Kind Of Christmas - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
A new kind of Christmas we're having this year''
''To write poetryPeeping Frog - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
Is to be a peeping frog
Where all the poets
Share a great old log
And lose their voices in the fog''
Comments about Larry Schreckengost
My Sister's Watch
Leaning against a maple red
Breathing crisp fall air
I strain to see through lighted window pane
And ever-present tear
My sister's vigil, for our father dear
Marking gentler times, past and near
She lay to rest anxiety
And calms his hidden fears
Then showed appreciation, for his paternal years
Though he doesn't speak of it
On this my thoughts are clear
If his daughter was passing there
He would have held her oh so near
Whispering to her ear
The tender words, she so longed to hear