Larry Schreckengost Poems
- Unlikely Pair We had a dachshund who loved digging ...
- Prayer For Strength I do enjoy being heard Listening to my ...
- How To Write Poetry Stanza Two Begin, a melody within Tell ...
- The Forest Vast I walk the forest vast Where sumac blocks my...
- My Sister's Watch Leaning against a maple red Breathing ...
- The Peeping Frog To write poetry Is to be a peeping ...
- The King At the crest of a steep hollow Is where I met this ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Flower pots line the walkBumble Bee For Tea - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
Begonias giggle when they talk''
''Poetry well appliedHow To Write Poetry Stanza Two - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
Should warm your heart inside''
''In jack-o'-lantern's glowing lightEternity - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
Little children squeal with fright''
''Horses are jumping and pretending they're deerA New Kind Of Christmas - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
A new kind of Christmas we're having this year''
''To write poetryPeeping Frog - Poem by Larry Schreckengost
Is to be a peeping frog
Where all the poets
Share a great old log
And lose their voice in the fog''
Comments about Larry Schreckengost
We had a dachshund who loved digging holes
Seldom seen him without mud on his nose
Must be related to some breed of mole
This dog and I each had our established roll
Digging and filling until the dinner bell tolls
Under the windmill, at the back of our farm
Lives a fussy old groundhog with one broken arm
She lives in a burrow that keeps her quite warm
Bouquets of wildflowers bring her home charm
Our heads we did scratch
Till the answer was hatched
We thought this pair perfectly matched
The groundhog cried her arm was too sore
Adding she ...