Matthew Holloway Poems
- A Kings Wealth Alone in a stately mansion With all the ...
- To Love And A Wedding To love and a wedding ~ I share in ...
- I Have A Girl I have a girl ~ I have a girl, a good one a ...
- Work Forget the nine till five This modern working ...
- Ode To Winter Ode to winter ~ Ode, ode to the winter What ...
- English Rose what tender beauty lays before me I call her my...
- Blood On My Heart I have loved and found loving kind Until I...
Born in 1978 and raised in the small town of Winsford in the northwest of England.
Writing poetry since 1996 and forever developing a stlye of writing which suits the self. Inspired by music, film and life.
What is more than can be said as I write of myself, A lover of poetry who lives to write, Awake in late hour of night, Dreaming of a love to which I shall forever recite.
Favourite poets include. John Keats, Percy Bysche Shelly, Lord Byron, Anne Sexton, Slyvia plath
I can be found on Facebook... Matthew Holloway, Winsford more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Kings Wealth
Alone in a stately mansion
With all the trappings of wealth
A king resides here
Within his gilded cage
The empty halls, ghost filled
Where shadows whisper
There are none here
None to keep comfort
None to love
The fire in the hearth
Cackles and spits
Breaking the silence
Which otherwise holds all
For all his possessions
The palatial residence
The antiques and paintings
The cars and jewellery
Is the poorest of all
For this home of grander
Is a prison of his nature