Om Chawla Poems
- Birds Nest Often have we seen a bird flying far, again and ...
- Sawan Aaya [a Poem In Hi... Baadal aaye aur hain ...
- Us Barkha Ki Baat Alag Thi-[ A...
- Beyond Thehorizon Yonder in the West, Just before it sets, ...
- Jab Samay Ki Dhara Ruk Jayagi ...
- Speak O Withered Leaves, Speak... Cover her eyes, her stony ...
- Dawn - An Enlivening Resurgenc... Caught in the whirl of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Often have we seen a bird
flying far, again and again
collecting straws to weave a nest-
A shelter to lay eggs
a home- for its young ones to be.
As eggs are hatched
out come the young
chirping or crying, to be fed,
the bird flies again, and again
to feed the young
who cannot fly
It chews the grain but does not swallow
beak to beak it feeds young fellow
caressingly and lovingly
so all are fed properly.
Young get wings, by and by:
and coaxed by the mother bird;
attempt to fly.
Then suddenly one day
the young one ...