A Lost Poem - Poem by >Starr Williams<
Last night I had this amazing poem,
stuck in my head,
But much to tired, I thought, “Oh I’ll remember.”
and jumped into bed!
Now this morning, try as I may,
I cannot remember,
what this poem was about!
I wish I could remember because it was
both beautiful and bright,
If only I had taken the time
to simply sit and write!
Now you my dear reader,
will simply have to trust,
This poem was lovely,
but now its not here,
And this poem about nothing
is merely a distorted mirror,
Of what this perfect poem
Was to be,
But I guess we’ll just have to imagine,
Both you, and me.
To all the poems that should have been, but we were to lazy to write them......
Comments about A Lost Poem by >Starr Williams<
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda