Do You Remember When...? - Poem by Mary Nagy
They sat hidden in the shadows
and talked amongst themselves.
I doubt they would've noticed
if their servers had been elves.
He was entangled in her beauty
and the things that she would say.
There were moments interrupted
but he never looked away.
The waiter took their orders
and he served them both their meals.
I couldn't help but envy them...
''I remember how that feels...''
To feel the world is spinning
just for the both of you.
and there's nothing you won't do.
If only we could bottle
all the passion of those years
to use when it is needed most
to help wash off the tears.
Sometimes it seems impossible
to feel as we did then.
Perhaps we can go back there.
Do you ''Remember when...''?
Comments about Do You Remember When...? by Mary Nagy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda