'Ego' - Poem by Kelly Seale
My words this time, are from the hip,
Emotions felt, my ego stripped.
Realizing now, the pain I've caused, the heart's I've broke,
Are serious and real, not some joke.
It was never a game, yet I still played,
Now, the consequences must be faced for the mistake I made.
Forgiveness I ask, for the human stain,
Rebuilding the trust...
Only time will tell, for healing heart's sake,
I must refrain.
A man needs to know his limitations, keeping his priorities straight,
Especially when others heart's are at stake.
And the heart's I've broken, the relationship's wrecked...
Of those dear to me,
Are all because I was too blind to see.
And because I was not man enough to keep my ego
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about 'Ego' by Kelly Seale
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl