Siyabonga A Nxumalo
I Thought....... - Poem by Siyabonga A Nxumalo
I though it was triumph.
I rejoiced thinking
Our suffering was gone.
I even sang with the masses,
Mobilized thousands to go voting again.
Even when grandma asked me,
'Son, is this the new beginning? '
I joyously said.
'Yes, it is'.
Not knowing that,
Yes, it was a beginning
Of broken promises and hunger.
I thought tyranny and propaganda
Were dead and buried.
Yet, police still shoot to kill....
Yet, service delivery is still poor....
Yet, my people still live in fear....
Power changed hands,
From an asinine liar,
To a blithering opportunist.
Comments about I Thought....... by Siyabonga A Nxumalo
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda