Lonely Nightmares - Poem by Erika Wagoner
I wake up in the night,
crying out for someone,
someone who isn't there
and who will never come.
I wipe the cold sweat off my face
and turn on the light.
I bundle up in my sheets
and prepare for the usual fight
To control my fears,
keep my loneliness at bay,
hold back my tears, and face the new day
With no one to come
when I cry out at night.
Comments about Lonely Nightmares by Erika Wagoner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl