Magic Mirror? - Poem by Kim Barney
If I look in the mirror
And myself I do not see
Does it mean that I'm not really here,
That I have ceased to be?
Or am I just a spirit
That eyes cannot perceive?
If I but try, can I be seen?
Need I only believe?
Have I become a vampire?
How does that legend go?
I see myself and then I die?
No, that just can't be so!
It feels like I am in a dream;
I surely must exist,
Else I could not have thoughts like these;
I really must persist.
Oh, one day soon I'll 'find myself'
As that old saying goes.
Ah, here at last there is a start:
Now I can see my toes.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Magic Mirror? by Kim Barney
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda