Naseer Ahmed Nasir
Why Does Loneliness Weep In Wisdomful Silence - Poem by Naseer Ahmed Nasir
When the sun shows off its yellow teeth
In my eyes full of sleep
And tie up all my sufferings in a knot
To put them in my heart's almirah.
When darkness and silence together
Knock on my window
And birds resting on my lips
When for the sake of a handful of water
Empty and hypocrite hands
Fill up with prayers
And in the rain of my laughter
Dry lakes quench their thirst.
But when in my wisdom filled silence
She does not acknowledge my existence
And laughing, I start crying......!
(Translated by Samina Amjad)
Comments about Why Does Loneliness Weep In Wisdomful Silence by Naseer Ahmed Nasir
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda