You Stole My Heart - Poem by Kim Barney
You know how generous I am;
I've always been a giver.
Since you've managed to steal my heart,
Why don't you take my liver?
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I got the idea for this poem while reading THE RESTAURANT AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE by Douglas Adams.
On page 170 of my Pocket Books edition, printed 1984, I found this little gem of a poem (actually a song, according to the book) :
I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg.
Comments about You Stole My Heart by Kim Barney
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl