Bill Darrah Poems
- Love's Everlasting Endurance 'Let her want with me be in ...
- To My Unknown Wife Dear Wife, To whom I do not know who. ...
- Compassion Come passion, Invite your presence to me. Come ...
- The Love Of Nature Or The Natu...
- If Men Loved Women Like God Lo... Wouldn't it be great to...
- Self-Inducing Provocative Thou...
- Poetry Of Art Or Art Of Poetry... Which came first-poetry or ...
My poetry has primarily been motivated by personal experiences with other people in my life-friends, family, and loved ones mostly. I didn't even care much for poetry until I fell in love for the 1st time in December 2000. Plato has a quote that is the manifestation of my aspiring passion for poetry that says, 'At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.' I wanted the content of my poetry to... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Bill Darrah
Love's Everlasting Endurance
'Let her want with me be in creating my need to express
the love I share-love's intimacy can only adequately give.'
I couldn't even hear my heart beat.
Now I know what I was cheating
Was the part of my being
That was so unbelieving
Of the love that blocked my seeing
The lonely part of my heart she was relieving
Through the smile of every greeting
Like while we were eating
And all the times of unexpected meeting
When we stopped and stared intriguingly
As if we had perfected the incredible feat
That saved the world to retreat
To the love that would ...