Harley White Poems
- Cosmic Lens There’s a smiley face in space that’s beaming ...
- From Dust To Dust From dust to dust our lives are thrust, ...
- Epiphany Once upon a time I dreamed I dreamed there was a ...
- Put Away Childish Things Put away childish things yet keep ...
- Cosmic Jewels If Keats could have seen through Hubble's ...
- Milk Spill Under inexorable gravity's pull, galaxies often ...
- Like A Diamond In The Sky Twinkle the stars in night's ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
There’s a smiley face in space
that’s beaming from above
at our mindless human race
on Earth we say we love.
Yet we mortals trash our planet
and with weaponry we man it,
dream up lucrative devotions,
scheme up profiteering notions.
(If it’s good for us, we ban it.)
We pour poisons in the oceans,
putrefy the air we’re breathing,
spew out gases foul that interfere
with shield of ozone wreathing
in the upper atmosphere–
one of the stratospheric layers
necessary for us here–
which greedy corporate players
have been making ...