Nosheen Irfan Poems
- The Storm Today the sky wept With a passionate, fervent ...
- Darkness Within me I carry a world of darkness It’s so deep ...
- Come, The Day Oh come, the day come in my arms I long to ...
- The Sight Of Fallen Cypress A lone cypress In my ...
- Away From The Sound And Fury as the mountains echo unsung ...
- Not All Is Lost There's darkness, but not all is lost The ...
- Evening Nostalgia In the falling dusk the heartbeat of ...
An avid reader of English Literature. An aspiring poet. Poetry has come to me a little late. I was more into fiction n story writing. But now all I can think of is poetry. I find poetry writing very healing spiritually. It has given me a voice that I never knew I had. My writing poetry is a kind of miracle in itself since i was never much of a poetic person and hardly enjoyed poetry as a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Today the sky wept
With a passionate, fervent plea
Pouring out his pain in floods
Unrestrained, full-throttled gush
Torn from black clouds of silent grief
In a ceaseless stream of tears
Held back long inside the fears
The sky wept and wept long
Unburdening himself of heaps
Of untold miseries he collected
In his bursting bosom over time
The land winced under his wail
The birds unconsciously forgot their wings
Why did he weep?
As if his heart had burst
As if his chains were unshackled
As if his locks were smashed
The land found no ...