The Eye Of The Beholder - Poem by Practicing Poetess
'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'
He who sees, decides
What he deems or perceives to be beautiful.
When you care about someone,
They become beautiful to you.
I see your soul, what makes you uniquely you
Your personality, the inner part of you
That is alive. I love your soul,
Which to me is beautiful.
Therefore, I love the body
That you (your soul)is encased in.
To me, your body is beautiful.
Lust demands airbrushed perfection.
Unconditional love cherishes
The endearing little flaws
That make you, 'you'!
Comments about The Eye Of The Beholder by Practicing Poetess
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl