George Murdock Poems
- Calamity Jane He looked like a good saddle horse though his ...
- Lotus Flower I dream of you open like the pale Lotus ...
- Feng Shui One day it was familiar but not home it had turned...
- Tubular Think about this he says; “Life is tubular” I ...
- The Tribute Who will furnish the garb of the warrior arm ...
- Bible Bob Bible Bob in his bib overalls and his mid-chest ...
- Mirror Like any other changeling She was waiting to ...
got married at 19. Been to war in a jungle, became a dad. went to school till the money dried up, worked most of my life in a gasoline factory. Saved two turnips and a carrot for hard times. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
He looked like a good saddle horse
though his hair was long
and his beard three days course
she soon had the saddle on him
and he worked at the ride
it was a matter of pride
everything that he tried
drew the noose tighter still
till she'd broken his will
till he'd do anything that she said
he worked like a mule
while she soaked the young fool
taking just about all that he made
when she cut the horse loose
he was well beyond use
and she advanced on the herd once again.