GREENWOLFE 1962 Poems
- A Friend (The Valentine's ...
- I'Ll Die Loving You When I wake in early morn, ...
- A Thing Called Hope In all worthwhile endeavors, No...
- Acceptance Of Fate Of all the lessons learned in ...
- Circle Of Angels I sat in a circle of ...
- When I Stood By The Sea (A Tri...
- Ashes I burned them all to ashes, The things ...
I was inspired to write poetry after seeing the movie 'Dr. Zhivago', I wrote my first poem in 1970. Influenced by the poetry of William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson, and Edgar Allan Poe; I am one of the few writers in the era of modern poetry who writes in the form I call 'rhythm and rhyme'.
After waiting more than 30 years for 'THE GIFT' of
poetry to arrive, I sat down at the age of 54 and
wrote for the first time with the ability to say
what I wished to say in the way I had long wished
to say it. In the next 18 months or so I wrote
nearly 180 poems.
Today, I am still an unknown and may be called 'an emerging ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Friend (The Valentine's Day Poem)
A friend to light a candle
When darkness overcomes.
A friend to hold you closer
When distant thunder drums.
A friend to gently tie you
When sirens sing your name.
A friend with words to soothe you
When life's a losing game.
A friend to cool your passions
When passions take their hold.
A friend to warm you gently
When a frozen heart's too cold.
A friend to spread contentment
As seasons wax and wane,
Make sense of love's confusion,
And bear life's grief and ...