Cricket's Demi-Gods And Villains - Poem by Rajnish Manga
Cricket's Demi-gods and Villains
Till yesterday, there were no odds,
Till yesterday, they were demi-gods,
Till yesterday, they were authentic,
Now you call them villains and frauds.
At times the fans raise their temple,
At others they raze that and trample,
They love to live by hype and frenzy,
How much? A defeat will be sample.
Cricket is what unites us and tames,
No other sports or no other games,
Cricketers are close to our hearts, but
We can't swallow defeats n shames.
Seven games they won- one by one,
You adored n lauded Dhoni's eleven,
Eighth match lost n you ran berserk,
Thus all that they did, was undone.
- - - - -
Faridabad, Haryana, India
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Cricket's Demi-Gods And Villains by Rajnish Manga
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl