She Said... - Poem by Esther Leclerc
She quietly said, 'Milton... I love you.'
His light heart ballooned to the moon.
She flew out - - 'So shy! ' he thought, but he knew
That wedding bells would clanggg very soon.
Long had he worshipped and followed her,
Sent her lingerie and flowers.
At long last his ardor had paid off
for ere long (drool) her clothes she'd doff!
Milton suffers a personal weakness:
Quite certain he knows false from true.
But to his wretched horror and bleakness,
He found out she'd said, 'I love Hugh'.
Comments about She Said... by Esther Leclerc
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda