- Today - - Poem by Ben Gieske
(inspired by John Latham's art, 'The N-U Niddrie Heart')
I awoke in a stream of rays,
laid my Pregnant Survivor’s Manual
on the edge of the rug,
gave it a quick tug.
At the other end
I placed my book of Vanished Species,
then squatted in between,
gave myself a hug
and felt just like today.
Comments about - Today - by Ben Gieske
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl