Tan Pratonix Poems
- In Praise Of God's Good Earth Hoosh, whoosh, The wind is ...
- Trigonometry Trigonometry began When Sine and Cos and ...
- The Little Boy On Bodrum Beach (Lines written spontaneously ...
- A Hand Reached Out From Heaven A hand reached out from ...
- A Brief Romance Between you and me Is a long stretch of ...
- Bird-Magic Where no birds breathe, bird-magic ...
- African Rhythms It was in Ruwenzor I found the Bashan bull, ...
The majority of the 125 poems here were written in my youth, between the ages of 17 and 19. Then I stopped writing poems; perhaps the Muse died, or you might say I killed the Muse. Then after a long period of barrenness the Muse awoke again and I started writing poems in 2006. That was when I got on to Poemhunter.
There used to be a nice group of poets and reviewers in those days, ten ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
In Praise Of God's Good Earth
The wind is up,
The birds go whizzing by,
And all around
Upon the ground
The dandelions fly.
I cannot see a speck of grey
I cannot see the sun,
But only one vast stretch of blue
Where foamy horses run.
I cannot see for ecstasy
In one huge throbbing thrill
Has burst into a wave of wings
And dances in the hills.