Tan Pratonix Poems
- Trigonometry Trigonometry began When Sine and Cos and ...
- Vietnam In my heart I heard The cry of a child, In my ...
- After Reading Golding's 'Lord ...
- Pterodactyls Spread-eagled Under the spreading runway
- Warmth Warmth is two frozen hands around a mug of hot ...
- Rabbits At the mouth of the river where tall grasses grow, ...
- Night-Train At Festive Time Lights flashing through the ...
The majority of the 125 poems here were written in my youth, between the ages of 17 and 19. Then I stopped writing poems; perhaps the Muse died, or you might say I killed the Muse. Then after a long period of barrenness the Muse awoke again and I started writing poems in 2006. That was when I got on to Poemhunter.
There used to be a nice group of poets and reviewers in those days, ten ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
When Sine and Cos and Tan
[The latter, a perfect gentleman]
Agreed to work in a Triangle.
Now Sine was cross with Cos
Because she got into a tangle
With Cosec the Smart Alec,
Who had a special angle
For flirty Cotangent
[Also known as Cot]
[Or shall we say, computation? ]
Was certainly not
Above board, like Tangent
[Also known as Tan,
Who, I repeat, was a perfect gentleman]
Cross-fighting in the Triangle,
They drew an obtuse angle;
And slowly by degrees
Sine began to ...