Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan
Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan Poems
- A Woman's Scent That night when my mother took me to her ...
- Give Me That Promotion, Sir! <center> How are you, ...
- I, She And The Sea Sombre though we were we knew - For the ...
- Haiku On Soul Soul to the Body: - 'So how are you, buddy? ...
- A Prayer To God Hails to thee, Lord! In your ...
- Wind In The Afternoon An assault of cabbage leaves on the ...
- I Love You, Vani Vihar However your memories lacerate my ...
< b> Autobiography of an Award Winning Poet< /b>
I wanted a medal, and so I went
to the awarding committee vice president
and showed him all my poems and asked:
'Would you consider me for an award? '
'Your poems are all so simple and straight -
with no sign of style or high intellect;
even a schoolboy can plain understand them -
how can we award you for your poem? '
So I returned next day with a bunch of new
poems steeped in philosophy of high brow:
'Ah! they look now much better', he said,
'But which Party do you follow - Right or Left? '
I frankly said I belonged to neither, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Woman's Scent
That night when my mother
took me to her breasts
I knew woman had a scent
quite different from man's...
Tonight you still remind me of
my mother's old fragrance
though you too have your different scent -
a scent entirely your own!
In summer an aroma of apple juice
envelopes your breasts. In monsoon
the wet fragrance of wild forest flowers
in your hair. And in the winter
your arms smacking of honeyed milk
and your lovely feet of jasmines. In spring
this strong odour of musk in your loins,
and in your navel that faint lavender! ...