Mike Barrett Poems
- On Poetry There Are among you, You who read these poems, ...
- The Lonesome Road It is a lonesome road That each of us is ...
- Your Words Were I to hold you In any degree of esteem, of ...
- My Child There was a time Or there will be When love will ...
- A Solitary Note [revisited 201... Within But beyond The ...
- Great News (December 2013) Patrick, We spoke to your ...
- Words From The Eternal Master Beingness IS. Love IS. All ...
I'm a Canadian, a native Maritimer, born in Saint John, N.B. in 1943, currently residing in Embrun, Ontario, a rural farming community 23 miles east of Ottawa, the nation's capital.
Throughout my life I've had a keen interest in matters spiritual, paranormal, metaphysical, philosophical, scientific, and mechanical. Additionally, I've always been interested in reading, writing, and appreciating the beauty one finds in life be it evoked through relationships, nature, the arts, or the revelation of truth through dreams, contemplations or divine insights. Over the years I've had a number of poems flow through me which I have chosen to share the written version of through this site. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Are among you,
You who read these poems,
Those who think
Beautiful rhyming words,
Pleasant thoughts -
Of strange comparisons.
How utterly wrong
There is poetry
In a rippling brook,
In a fly's beating wings,
In the dead skin of a snake -
In both time and space
Wherein myriad worlds spin!
Is an infinitely poetic
As are all his thoughts
And past history!
As they are herein placed, ...