Be Good To Yourself - Poem by Walterrean Salley
Be good to yourself—
You deserve it.
Take care of yourself
While you're here.
No one else can do it
Better than you.
Hold yourself up.
Don't be your worst enemy.
Nor a 'self hater, '
Like some love to do.
Live and enjoy life.
Look in the mirror and smile.
Believe that good things
Will happen for you.
Be grateful that you were
A candidate for life.
And let such gratitude
Make the best choices for yourself.
And eat properly.
For on such things the body thrives.
And then you can love others too.
Serenade you with a song.
Honor YOU with a poem.
And like an old friend that you
Would visit every now and then,
Take care of 'yourself.'
For you shall not pass this way again.
Comments about Be Good To Yourself by Walterrean Salley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl