Sunshine Rose Poems
- White Carnation Still sleepy with humid heat she reaches for...
- The Stench Of War No one speaks of the stench that only war ...
- What Happened To God The Bully There is all that asking about...
- I Believe I believe there never was a mother who didn't ...
- My Sister My Goddess was beautiful, all soft-soap and ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sunshine Rose
Still sleepy with humid heat
she reaches for the kitchen cupboard,
another aspirin to dull the pain.
Damp patches beneath her arms tinged with effort
and over-permed hair that loops above eyes
pale blue, and large as loneliness.
The air stale with school-bags, polished shoes
and rubbish-bins full of vegetable peelings.
Mum was an ordinary women,
he made her ordinary,
with second-hand slippers flapping on and off at her heels,
she brings the food and wipes away the traces.
Plunging headlong into the beating mixmaster would be
a tragic way for her ...