I Just Can'T Seem To Understand - Poem by DEBORAH MAPLES
No money in the bank, no cash on hand
sometimes I just can't seem to understand.
How people make it in this world today
trying to make a living the natural way.
When it's so hard to make ends meet
through the cold, rain, and heat.
You work your fingers to the bone
with nothing much to call your own.
I just don't seem to understand
why it's so hard from where I stand.
I realize that times are tough
but, I never thought it would be this rough.
To make it in this world today
you've got to live your life this way.
To make ends meet, it's hard to do
I don't understand, but it's true.
I know it's hard from where I stand
So, I guess I'll never really understand.
Comments about I Just Can'T Seem To Understand by DEBORAH MAPLES
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl