No Explanations Please - Poem by Kelly Wilkins
Rotten. to the core. this is what I've been told.
Cruel unjust and uncaring people say. Full of skeletons
I believe. In me. I love.
My own self doubt eradicated
I chose not to listen: No one knows me better than myself
Bright flame burning through your darkness
I will not be kept down by you.
No longer am I weak
You acknowledge and grow fierce
But I don't belong to you. I am no one's but my own
I no longer listen
Comments about No Explanations Please by Kelly Wilkins
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl