Gone - Poem by Barbara Litman
Look, if you wanted me gone,
you could have said go,
is that so hard to let me know?
I guess it is for you
Why do you ignore me?
What have I done?
Why do you push me away?
And say nothing is wrong
When you look at the others,
you jump with glee
but won't even say hi to me
Why do never want to see me?
Good-bye now, I'm going
I don't deserve this loneliness
I have never wronged you
And this you know is true
Now you see me with someone new
you see me happy, you see me healed
you think I'm ill, or broken
you think I'm lost, and you search for me
Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken
don't try to heal me, I'm not ill
don't search for me, I'm not lost...
I have gone.
Comments about Gone by Barbara Litman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl