Mathais Orhero Poems
- The Solitary Wanderer He wandered to a world Where the Fauna...
- A Song For The Arts What ever happened to the ARTS? hurrah ...
- An Ode To The Ancestors Spirits of the ancestral lineage ...
- A Letter To Mother Earth Dear Lady, I know life must be ...
- Moments With The Gods Oh what ecstasy! Overt joy in the ...
- The Call Of The Prophet War has made war upon the world but ...
- On Death Oh! The delightful ecstatic moment of demise When ...
A student of English and Literary studies who has a close alignment with poetry and drama. His poetry is influenced by poets such as John Keats, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, J.P. Clark, Lenrie Peters, Kofi Awoonor, Leopold Sedar Senghor, Niyi Osundare, amongst others. His poetry deals with themes such as corruption, spirituality, romanticism, classicism, and meditation/religion. He is a new voice from the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria and aims to be among the canon of the Nigerian literary trajectory. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mathais Orhero
Oh! The delightful ecstatic moment of demise
When the soul searches for the face of God
as is in the days of the sun.
The eyes that awakes must sleep again
For the force that permeates all to return
and man must be relieved of the work of breath
When death shall come like a river fall
Know that great men don't live long
For they are precious in the eyes of God
Which longs for their rapturous kiss
in the abode of ethereal ecstasy
Know that avatars don't last for long
for theirs is a cosmic mission fulfilled
and back to God where they come