St Kabeer's Couplets 2:Enough Evil In Us All - Poem by Aniruddha Pathak
I looked for the vile and wicked,
But found none whoso so crooked;
When I delved in me-self's deep sea,
Oh, none was more evil than me!
Hereunder is given the original doha, a couplet by Kabeer, which when rendered in English takes all of four lines, a quatrain or more:
Bura jo dekhan main chala, bura naa milya koye
Jo munh khoja apnaa, to mujhse bura naa koye
We always look far and wide for the evil, assuming that we are always fine.
But if we put a mirror in front of us we will soon find the truth that we are no less an evil.
Topic: evil, search
Comments about St Kabeer's Couplets 2:Enough Evil In Us All by Aniruddha Pathak
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl