Ravinder Kumar Soni
A Way Out - Poem by Ravinder Kumar Soni
I am languishing in the today that is not of my choice;
I am made to wait for the dawn of a new bright day
That will certainly rise only to remind me of this day spent
Not learning the lessons that make up my past,
The past made up of yesterdays that can never return.
Sitting at the edge of the fluid freely flowing time
I am left to dip in its depth my right-hand forefinger
And without raising any ripples on its surface
Try to trace
Impermanent patterns that I alone can read;
No meaning derived can be ignored.
The future holds new meanings and a firm resort
And therefore, by itself validates my wait.
Comments about A Way Out by Ravinder Kumar Soni
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye