Mission Accomplished - Poem by madeline morris
We have counquered the mountian,
The dragon has been slayed,
The war is now over,
Just like we had prayed.
For the fair and the equal,
the rightous and good,
We are still living and breathing,
We are out of the wood.
We have played a very dangerous game,
Made the most of what we have got,
We have only just discovered,
The meaning of the plot.
Comments about Mission Accomplished by madeline morris
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Read poems about / on: war
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda