'I Reach Under My Pillow' - Poem by Kelly Seale
The night grows long, time stands still,
can’t get any sleep, my mind spinning with thoughts to kill.
Eyes wide open, spotting the fly on the wall,
as the spider pounces,
My mind plays tricks, I’m floating through the air,
now I’m peeking in your window,
Devil may care.
Silently I enter, creeping through the hall,
picturing in my mind, your throat slit,
your blood spattered on the wall.
Safely back in my bed this night,
the night that will never end,
a sickening smile on my face,
revealing my sin.
I get comfortable in bed lying
next to my wife,
as I reach under my pillow-
And my hand finds the knife.
Comments about 'I Reach Under My Pillow' by Kelly Seale
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl