Plotting My Downfall - Poem by samuel munachim
In the unsure pain of my heart
I kept my pulse beating
Unsteady, unsure -
I was sick with worry,
Yet I had to go on.
Mediocre filth was all round me
Pressing its summary advantage;
People without purpose
Aimed at deflating my pride:
I was arrogant,
I had to be stopped;
I was ill-mannered,
I had to be harangued.
Brash and uncouth
The users found me hard;
The oppressors and enviers waited -
All plotting my downfall.
Comments about Plotting My Downfall by samuel munachim
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda